- This event has passed.
The Mdina Cathedral Museum is delighted to announce an Open Day on Saturday, November 25th, inviting the public to explore the rich tapestry of cultural heritage housed within its Baroque walls. The event, part of the “Museum Outreach” project co-funded by the VOPs scheme managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector, aims to foster a deeper connection with Malta’s history.
- Date: Saturday, November 25, 20XX
- Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Location: Mdina Cathedral Museum, Triq San Pawl, L-Imdina
Highlights of the Day:
- Free Admission: The museum will open its doors to the public, offering free access to all areas and halls.
- Guided Tours: Explore the fascinating history with guided tours throughout the day.
- Artisans Market: Immerse yourself in a vibrant market within the museum, showcasing local artisans.
- Medieval Reenactors: Witness history come alive with reenactors donned in medieval period costumes.
- Pop-Up Museum Cafe: Relax in the courtyard with a pop-up cafe, offering refreshments amidst the museum’s serene ambiance.
A Glimpse into History: The Mdina Cathedral Museum resides in a Baroque masterpiece dating back to the early 1700s, originally built as a seminary under Bishop Paul Alphéran de Bussan’s patronage. Since its inauguration as a museum in 1969, it has become a custodian of remarkable artworks and historical treasures.
Newly Accessible Halls: Explore the latest additions, including the Vestments Hall, Paintings Galleries, and the majestic Sala Nobile. Venture into the museum’s underground basement to discover Roman ruins, adding another layer to Malta’s captivating history.
Museum Outreach Project: This Open Day is part of the broader “Museum Outreach” project, a collaborative effort supported by the VOPs scheme managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector. It reflects a commitment to making cultural heritage accessible to all.
About Mdina Cathedral Museum: The Mdina Cathedral Museum is a beacon of Malta’s cultural heritage, preserving and showcasing a diverse collection of artworks and historical artifacts. Nestled in a Baroque gem, the museum invites visitors to embark on a journey through time.
About “Museum Outreach”: “Museum Outreach” is a collaborative initiative funded by the VOPs scheme managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector, aimed at bringing cultural heritage closer to the community.