Post for a Clerk at Mdina Cathedral Archives
The Mdina Metropolitan Chapter has a vacancy for the post of clerk at the Mdina Cathedral
Archives. The right applicant shall perform duties at the Mdina Cathedral Archives and
Library under the supervision of the Senior Assistant Archivist responding to the
The right candidate should:
- Have at least “O” and preferably ‘A” level standard in English, Maltese, Italian,
Mathematics, History and any other 2 subjects.
- Possess ECDL certification (European Computer Driving Licence).
- Performs office, clerical and administration duties.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have basic knowledge in the theory of conservation.
- Have high ability to communicate in Maltese and English.
- Have interest in Archives and Libraries.
- Be a trustworthy person and ready to maintain confidentiality.
- Possibly understands the usability of the archival documentation and their
complementary tools including original repertories, cards, indexes, transcripts, hand
lists, published and unpublished catalogues.
- Assist in the new library set up and its management such as creating a library database
and shelf maintenance of the various collections in the Library Department.
- Be extremely organized, detail orientated in record keeping skills.
- Be ready to support the various initiatives taken by the Management.
- Be dedicated and provides support to keep up the good standard this institution has
achieved making it one of the leading scholarly cultural institutions in Malta.
- Be ready to take an indefinite contract subject to one year probation period.
- Be subject to a medical examination.
- To produce a clean Police Certificate conduct.
Original certificates and any other testimonials are to be produced by the candidate during the
Interested candidates should send their application together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae
to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to The Administrator, No 4 St Paul’s
Square Mdina, by not later than Saturday 30th June 2018.