The Mdina Cathedral and Mdina Cathedral Museum have been collaborating, since 2014, with Prof Adrian-Mario Gellel, an Associate Professor within the Faculty of Education at the University of Malta, in offering an educational experience to primary school children.
The Symbol Literacy Project aims to:
- increase children’s cultural capital and to help them develop a richer symbolic repertoire;
- help children make meaning of the traditions, wisdom and heritage passed on to us by previous generations;
- develop children’s higher order thinking skills;
- enable children to observe, read and construct metaphors.
- nurture the moral dimension of children;
- enable children to understand reality through an interdisciplinary mode rather than in a fragmented way.
- equip children with the tools and skills to be creative and innovative.
For more information visit the project Facebook page:
Links to articles about the project: